As a Tier 4 Student, we need evidence of your academic term /vacation dates from the education institution who is sponsoring you. This should include dates the University is officially closed such as Easter, Christmas, Bank Holidays etc.
A letter with the start and end date of your course is not sufficient evidence. We need to see the term/ vacation dates for your potential employer to ensure you are working the correct working hours in accordance with your Tier 4 Student permit requirements.
Why do we need to provide such evidence?
Home Office Right to Work guidelines for students is as follows:
Have you checked work restrictions to determine if the person is able to work for you and do the type of work you are offering? (for students who have limited permission to work during term-times, you must also obtain, copy and retain details of their academic term and vacation times covering the duration of their period of study in the UK for which they will be employed)
Please provide one of the below:
- a printout from your education institution's website showing the term and vacation dates for your course - you can usually find this searching for "Name of your University + academic calendar/ timetable" in Google
- an email or letter from your education institution (addressed to you), confirming your term and vacation dates
- a letter from your education institution addressed to your employer which displays your name, confirming term and vacation dates
If you are a PhD, Research, Postgraduate student, writing your Thesis/ Dissertation on a Work Placement or are not bound by term times please see below for further information
We can accept: a photograph, scan, print or a PDF file of this evidence
We cannot accept: screenshots or photocopies. We would advise you to either print the university dates and take a photograph or scan.
- If your course has finish please provide either:
- a letter from your education institution confirming that your course has finished and the official date of completion
- Certificate or award which displays your grades or qualification
- If you have no academic obligations until the new term starts please provide a letter (from your education institution) confirming you have no academic obligations until the new term starts, plus the start and end date of this period.
- If you are undertaking a Dissertation / Project / Thesis please provide a letter (from your education institution) confirming you are undertaking a dissertation, project or thesis, plus the start and end date of this period, along with dates the University is officially closed (Christmas, Easter etc)
- If you are a Postgraduate student and therefore are not bound by term/semester dates please provide a letter (from your education institution) confirming that you are a Postgraduate student and therefore not bound by term semester dates, plus dates of any planned annual leave, along with dates the University is officially closed (Christmas, Easter etc)